Membership in AWCA is open to women who are U.S. citizens, or are wives of U.S. citizens, and who reside in or near the Antwerp area.
English-speaking non-American women residing in the Antwerp area are also eligible for membership if they met one of these criteria:
- previous or current membership in any other FAWCO member club or American Women’s club
- employment by an American company (applicant or spouse)
- residence in the U.S. for longer than six months
- child enrolled in an English-language curriculum school
- clergywoman or the spouse of any clergy serving in the American community
- any English-speaking woman recommended by two current members in good standing
Due to restrictions limiting the percentage of non-American members, a non-American who meets the requirements for AWCA membership may be admitted as a “Friend of the AWCA”. Friends of the AWCA may attend all meetings and activities of AWCA and pay full dues and normal fees for all activities. Upon becoming a Friend of the AWCA, applicants are added to a waiting list for admission as a general member. When a general member slot becomes available, the Firend’s status will be changed.
- General members and Friends of AWCA: €80 per year (Note that new members joining after January 1 pay €40 for a half year)
- Non-resident and Senior (65+) €40 per year
- New member initiation fee €20 (first year only)
Dues should be paid by bank transfer to account number BE02 4151 1279 4140. Please add your name and type of payment to the message line.
TO JOIN THE AWCA: